Monday, November 29, 2010

November crafts

I found instructions for this craft on a cute blog featured on Tip Junkie.  I don't have the link any longer, but I had to copy it.  I made this one for my mom...
and this one for me.  Mine was larger, made from a repurposed Christmas gift from Savannah from 2 years ago.   
Last year I found a picture of a Thanksgiving countdown calendar someone had copied from a Pottery Barn one, and decided to make my own.  I finished this part last year, but in true Jill-style, set it aside to finish sometime during the year.  I finished it 3 days before Thanksgiving.   
I am happy with how it turned out.  Inside the pockets are items we are thankful for, and something to do to celebrate it.  Such as, we are thankful for our kitchen.  Make something yummy together.  My kids got excited to look inside each pocket and do the activity together.  If anyone wants a list of the activities, email me.  I got it off of someone else's blog, of which I don't have the link anymore. Sorry! 

3 comments:

m_hop said...

I love this! I am so not surprised that it looks purchased from some fancy kitchen store. From everything else you have created and posted here, I can see it is quality made.

It's refreshing to see a family-focused decoration for Thanksgiving. I would appreciate all the directions, etc. for making one of these. How many hours do you realistically think it takes to completion?

You inspire so many of us to look outside the mundane box of everything things and think WWJD ("What Would Jill Do?").

Janessa said...

I love the new "WWJD" slogan! Very nice!!! Your projects turned out so beautiful! Would you please come decorate my house for the holidays (or at least spend a day letting me craft with you:) I love the way your count down calendar focuses on showing gratitude. I'll bet this one becomes a greatly anticipate annual family tradition. Your kids will probably want you to make one for them to have in their homes when the grow up.

Janessa said...

P.S. I would love the directions too:)