To celebrate our friend Laura's new baby girl, we had to give her a shower. With Halloween coming close by, I used inspiration from here, and we gave her a Lil' Pumpkin theme.
Here's the spread. Our menu included Squash soup, broccoli and cheese soup, bread soup bowls, pumpkin cinnamon rolls, a fruit tray and dip, a pumpkin cheese ball and crackers, and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
I copied the above blog and polka-dotted some cute little pumpkins.
I made the pumpkin cinnamon rolls, but I won't give out the recipe because I'd never suggest making them again. I've found another recipe I'm going to try. My love of all things pumpkin, coupled with cinnamon rolls demands I search until I find a good recipe. But the cookies were delish! Thanks Kristin!
Are these not the cutest little favors you've ever seen??? Jen made these from styrofoam cups. Plus she made the caramels inside them which I've had to hide from my kids because I don't love them enough to share. They were so beautiful. Thanks, Jen!
Cynthia, Scarlet and Jen (the favor maker).
Here's the little bread bowls.
Up close and personal...
I can't believe this is the only photo I got of Laura, our guest of honor. This is her with her beautiful daughter Sarah...
...and Samantha.
These are two of my co-hostesses, Teresa and Lisa. Thanks, ladies! Lisa, your cheeseball was so wonderful!
Nicole.
Scarlet. The fruit plate was perfect! Loved the dip.
Jen's sister Pat, visiting from Las Vegas. Thanks for coming and helping, Pat! Always good to see you.
Kristin. Great cookies!
Thanks for giving us a reason to celebrate, Laura! And thank you Scarlet, Teresa, Lisa, Jen, and Kristin for helping with the food and things. Everything was so perfect.
1 comment:
That is one of the cutest shower ideas I've ever seen! So cute and unique. You thought of everything even down to to the pumpkin bread bowls. You truly are amazing! I'm sorry that the pumpkin cinnamon rolls didn't turn out. That sounds SO good. You'll definitely have to share when you find out the perfect recipe.
Post a Comment