I kept this party low key. These were the treat bags. The bags came from the dollar store; they are popcorn bags I pasted a picture of Spidey over.
Brighton wanted cupcakes, which was fine by me; all the easier to make! The cake was dyed red and blue. I tried to make webs on them, but they were far too time-consuming. So we had toppers instead. I was very proud of myself for figuring out how to put Brighton's face on them
This was basically the extent of my decorations for it. I felt lost.
And this...
The birthday boy showing me how Spiderman makes his webs.
For games, they colored pictures of Spiderman while they waited for everyone to arrive. I have to tell you about Brighton's. He pre-picked out a picture of Spiderman holding a girl, while he's swinging from his web. Brighton said he liked that one because Spiderman is getting ready to baptize the girl. Ok, he does have one hand up.
We played web walk (a cake walk), but the boys couldn't get the circle things down and kept running into each other. We were busting up, they were so funny. Next was sandman, sandman, spiderman, like duck duck goose. Brighton got up to run, no matter who got tagged. It didn't seem to bother anyone. Next was Mr. Freeze, where they had to freeze when the musis went off. Those boys have some groovy moves! Lastly we went downstairs for a relay. I always get last-minute inspiration for these. They had to start off on the rings, as they "swing into action".
next they had to crawl through the spider cave.
Next was bouncing on the hippity hop...
...over to the car, where they had to drive a windy road.
and though I didn't get a picture of the rest, they then had to shoot a bad guy with silly string webbing, shoot a few baskets, then hop from building to building, which I drew on the floor. Lastly, they had to capture a bad guy and put him in prison. They liked this part and insisted on doing the relay over and over again.
Brighton's thinking hard of a wish to make.
A few days later Aunt Patti sent him his own Spidey backpack. It was pulling teeth to get him to model it though!
This party was perfect in timing and activities. Brighton had fun, and loved being the center of attention. And I'm so glad to be past the three's I can hardly stand it!
1 comment:
Looks like the perfect four year old boy party. Parker would have been in heaven. I especially love the Spiderman obstacle course. What creative ideas. It sounds like a blast! You guys are so lucky to have a basement. I miss ours! I love the "oh brother, mom" picture with the backpack on. I often get those looks too when trying to take a posed picture. Hope four is better to you then three:)
Post a Comment