Brighton's enrolled in Mommy Preschool this year. Good thing I'm the boss, or I'd fire myself. I try to do something fun/educational once a day with him; we started with A with the intention of doing a letter of the week. We've only made it through C. Oh well. We played with the Halloween jelly beans a few weeks ago. We counted them, sorted them, and made patterns with them. Brighton did great until we added the Cheerios. That just got too hard!
Then I made a pumpkin counting paper and we sorted them by number.
We had a big day that day, because I also made pumpkin pie play dough. Mmm, it smelled good enough to eat!
To play, first ya gotta squish it good.
Sometimes ya gotta get a running start at it.
If that doesn't work, ya gotta bam it. Like this.
Earlier in the fall, we took a nature walk to collect fallen leaves and other fun things. We never got to our art project before the leaves turned brittle, so we took the pine cones and made people out of them. We ended up with Bob the Builder, Wendy, and Scoop, though Scoop is missing his attachments.
1 comment:
Fun, fun ideas! I'm totally going to steal them. Don't be too hard on yourself. Even if you don't do a structured "mommy preschool" everyday, I'm sure he's learning lots just being with you. Most importantly, he's learning that you love him because you chose to be at home with him everyday. The ABC's are a secondary lesson to that one. He'll learn his ABC's eventually:)
Post a Comment