Thursday, November 11, 2010

Search the scriptures diligently and ye shall find treasures

Again, after reading My Insanity's blog, I was inspired to do a scripture chase hunt for Irelynd's baptism gifts.  Scott put it together, and we gave it to her on Sunday morning before church.  She and Savannah both were really excited to find the gifts.
We sent her around various places in the house.  
Since there is no mention of a TV in any set of scriptures I've ever read, the clue told her to use the "T" from someone's name, and the 28th letter from a second scripture. 



Found it under Waverly's crib! 


She was hoping it was Littlest Pet Shops, but she was happy to get her own set of large scriptures, since she had been sharing with Savannah prior to this. 
And a new piggy bank.  When Irelynd was little, we caught her burying her money outside in the garden.  We had to go retrieve it; some might still be there.  I always think of this when I see a piggy bank.  Maybe one day she'll learn to use one. 

1 comment:

Janessa said...

What a wonderful idea! It looks like she had a lot of fun with it. I love her excitement as she's opening her gifts. I'll bet that these are presents she'll remember for a long time. Great pictures of the event too!