Finally, after months and months, and months of waiting, Savannah turned 12. How is it possible my little red head is almost a teenager? I was just this age not too long ago. We took her and 6 friends to a marathon 6-hour birthday party. We started at Lowe's Airsports in Provo, which I had never heard of, but it looked SO fun! I wanted to join the girls. It's full of trampolines, foam pits, and a huge climbing wall.
I love this cannonball picture of Emily!
Unfortunately, while we were there, a boy broke his arm. They called in the paramedics and took him out in an ambulance. Glad it wasn't in my party. Poor kid.
Next we went to Grandma LeBaron's for pizza and cupcakes. Savannah requested pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. They were yummy, but not pretty, as they got jumbled in transport.
I'd love to know what she wishes for.
Next we went to the mall for a photo scavenger hunt. I didn't get any photos of that, as I took the opportunity to shop. They had a lot of fun, from the sounds of it.
We returned to Grandma's for presents before we took everyone home.
Another crazy red-head.
Preparing for the worst.
These girls were hilarious. One of them--Emily I think--insisted they do the spanking machine. Savannah was a good sport and climbed through.
Then they suggested that they do a pyramid. It took much rearranging and figuring out who was the heaviest/lightest, but they finally got it to work! I was very impressed. Future cheerleaders here!
One last photo.
When we planned a 6-hour party, I was a little nervous about keeping 7 pre-teens occupied for that long, and not going nuts with all the giggling and squealing that accompanies girls of this age. But I had a great time with them. They are some great girls, and I laughed at their conversations. When did we go from talking toys to boys? Yikes! I am so grateful Savannah has these great friends to hang out with and go to school with. Love ya, Savannah Banana!
1 comment:
You are going to have to tell me how you get these action shots. I can't figure my camera out!
Post a Comment