Sunday, November 13, 2011

Jaker's Jack-o-lanterns

 We made the annual trip to the pumpkin patch to pick out our future Jack-o-lanterns.  Some of us chose quickly, while others had to scout out just the right one.



"oh, Mommy, it's so heavy!"

 Gotta try the sit test.


 Savannah is such a great, big sister.  She put her little sister on her back and carried her back to the car when her feet were hurting her.
 This picture warmed my heart.  My kids drive me nuts, they really do, but seeing them all in a duck line made me smile and reminded me that I really do love the little monsters:)  Irelynd, as always, has to make her own pathway.
 The kids loved the hay maze, but from on top; they jumped from hay bale to hay bale.
 The little ones loved the corn pit, like a big sand box with corn.

 We also loved the animals.  They had a donkey, pig, sheep, goat, and kangaroo.  The twins got brave and fed them.


 This donkey tried to take Keaton's fingers off later on.  Luckily, we pulled them free with no damage done.



 I hope they always approach all of life's adventures like this: hand-in-hand and jump in with both feet!

 Sometimes it helps to go backwards!

 We enjoyed the free hay rides too!  It was an absolutely perfect day, with perfect weather!  I love fall!
It didn't take long for him to figure out why this method of playing in the corn didn't work out...

1 comment:

m_hop said...

I LOVE the photo with you and your kids. They are posed, but with real expressions.

Katherine points out to me all the time when she looks at her scrapbooks that life isn't always about smiling, and that I should have not made her smile at the time.

I love how you capture the real child, their minutely detailed feelings on their faces. That's real life.

I want to tag along with you in one day of your photo capturing.

You make it fresh.