Thursday, November 3, 2011

Irelynd turns 9

 We had a family party on Irelynd's 9th birthday.  In our family, we do heavy hangover, which Scott still finds weird.  Must be a Utah thing.  The twins and Brighton, and, ok, if we're being honest, Savannah too, LOVE this tradition.  It's funny to me to see who is soft, and who is not.
 Waiting for it...
 Whack!  That wasn't so bad!  Cuz it's a bath frou frou!
 The anticipation
 The moment of contact
 Too fun to bump only once!  And Mom and Dad laugh and cheer!
 That one smarted!  It's a puzzle.
 As did that.  (Nail polish)
 Really?  Savananh gets to bump too???
 Is that what I think it is?
 It looks like a camera...
 It feels like a camera...
 It is a camera!  I'm so excited I can't hold my eyes straight! (no, no physical problem; this is just her excited face)
 We love you Irelynd!
Let 'er blow!  I would love to know what she wished for.

1 comment:

M_Hop said...

That girl is stunning in blue.

I also don't know of anyone in all the states we have lived in that has heard of or does the 'heavy hangover' thing. I think it is a custom particular to Utah. But not all traditions are bad.

Great pictures.