Sunday, November 6, 2011

Autumn in Utah

 After the last session on Sunday, we decided to go up to Woodland Hills to see the colors.  Woodland Hills is one of my favorite places, especially in the fall.  I would love to live there, but for a few concerns.  It did not disappoint.  The colors were beautiful, as was the weather.  Here's a few pictures to give you a taste of the autumn splendor.

 We found this fun pathway to walk around one of the parks.  It was littered with leaves, which I crunched through to my heart's content.  I expect to one day be 90 years old, crunching through leaves with my walker or wheelchair, giggling like a school girl.  It's one of my simple pleasures in life:)

 Wheeee!
 So lucky to have a great big sister like Savannah to look up to.


 Now, on to the park!





 As twilight approached, I discovered how to take those awesome silhouette pictures I've seen on blogs like mymixofsix that I think are so awesome.
 Waverly
 Can you guess who this goofball is?  That's my Brighton, who just learned to do the peace sign and now thinks he's cool like his sisters.
 My 5 monkies.  (See that sucker Keaton is eating?  Yeah, he totally stole that from a birthday party at the park, while the hosts were at the playground.  We did confess and they ok'd him keeping it though).


 Irelynd
 Savannah
 Scott agreed to do this "cheesy" photo with Brighton.  The pose was their idea, however.  See, he does love me:)
 Me and my honey:)  This photo cost us $400, because as I stepped off this boulder we were standing on, I stepped in a hole and twisted my ankle.  I heard a pop and it swelled up enormously in the matter of a few seconds.  I just knew it was broken.  I don't cry too easily, but I totally cried!  Scott helped me to the car and we spent a couple hours in Payson's ER while it was x-rayed.  Not broken; just badly sprained, possibly a torn ligament.  I spent the next day on crutches, and limped around for a week after that in my ankle brace.  It's been 4 weeks since, and it's almost better.   Still swollen and not perfect, but almost gone.  What a stupid ending to a perfect day.

1 comment:

Davis and Carter's Mommy said...

Aww, that's a bummer! I love the shots though.