Sunday, November 20, 2011

Brighton's Cars Birthday party

 Brighton wanted a Cars party this year.  Actually, he wanted a Spiderman party again, but I told him I don't do repeats; is that mean?  So Cars was second choice.  When the boys got there, we gave them all their own licenses.

 
 Next, we had to add a little body art.
 Then we played Hot Ta'Mater.

 And played a game of bean bags in the tire.


 Up next was the Piston Cup Race.  I made cars for everyone.  Brighton got Lightening McQueen, of course.  Everyone else got to choose their Car, based on how well they did on the bean bag toss.



 Ready, set...GO!!!



 Keaton grabbed an extra car and raced along with the big boys.  He was so happy to be included.
 Here they come!

 We have a downed car!

 Brighton and his best friend, Jared.  They shared a quick hug after Brighton opened Jared's gift.
 We had Flo's V8 Cafe, with Cars crackers, Cars marshmallows, and popcorn for snacks.  Brighton chose cookie dough cupcakes, which were really yummy!
 All the boys got a Piston Cup.
 The boys got a kick out of the "antifreeze" and "gas".  After a few rounds on the "race track", we refilled them.

 
 For Brighton's family birthday dinner that night, he requested mac-n-cheese with hotdogs, BBQ'd hotdogs, squash, pineapple, and hot chocolate (I vetoed that for water), and I added corn for a vegetable.

 Savannah gave him these skateboards and a yo-yo, which he was really excited about.  The yo-yo was broken by the next day, unfortunately, when a round-the-world trick went wrong.




 Brighton got a tool box with real tools from Mom and Dad.  He was really excited to get his own set, too.  The plan was to go see Cars 2 at the theater after dinner, so we hurried out the door and drove to Provo...only to find out when we got there that we got the theaters mixed up and we went to the wrong theater.  We went that next weekend to see it instead.
 I found the boys watching a tv movie in their cars a few weeks later.  We sent the cars home with the guests, just keeping Lightening, Mater, and Big Red.  (That was hard, after all the work!!!)  The kids have loved playing with them; they have gotten several rounds of fix-up with duct tape.

1 comment:

m_hop said...

Beepbeep!! Those cars are soooooo cute! I want to come to your house and drive one. Or, even better, plesae make some metalic pink ones for ME, on my 60th birthday. (hehehe, this is a 4 1/2 years-ahead notice. Can you squeeze those in??). I can almost feel his pain as he anticipated that present being hung heavy over his cute head, you awful parents. Watch out, perhaps next year he will ask for a party at the Mall, just to get away from being clunked on the head. As always, great pictures.