Saturday, March 19, 2011

St Patrick's day FHE

For FHE last week, I made these cute lime jello clover cookies, recipe here, and we talked about how it symbolizes the Godhead, with each person being a separate being, but being one in purpose, like these cookies are made from separate balls of dough, but, added together, make a clover.  We talked about how that vital truth was lost in 300AD with the Nicean Creed, and how it was again restored by Joseph Smith when he saw the Father and Son in the Sacred Grove.  The cookies were actually better than I expected, moist and yummy, and hopefully the kids learned something from the lesson.  I'm trying to work on simple truths alongside the more complex.  How do you plan meaningful FHE's with toddlers and pre-teens???  I'm finding it quite tricky.

3 comments:

M_Hop said...

I'd like to order a dozen of those cookies, please, with sprinkles on top. Who forgets a lesson when food accompanies it?

Sal-my-gal said...

Me too!

We don't plan anything. Maybe that's why ours are so awful!

Janessa said...

Wow, way to make St. Patty's stuff spiritual. I'd never thought of this analogy before. They sound yummy too!