Monday, March 21, 2011

G is for gold

In finishing up our G week, we did our pot of gold activity today for Mommy Preschool.  I took 2 paper plates and a black pipe cleaner and we made pots.  They are supposed to be painted, but that was too scary with 2 2 year olds, so we just colored them with black crayon.  Here's the instructions for it. 

Then I hid some "gold" in another room (the foil from gold chocolate coins, leftover from St. Patty's day), and Rolos.  The kids took their "pots" and looked for gold to fill it with.  We did the activity 3 times before they lost interest. 


1 comment:

Janessa said...

What a fun and educational St. Patrick's Day activity. It looks like they had a great time. Any time you involve chocolate, you're bound to have a great time! I definitely would have opted for the black crayons over the paint too. Good call:)