I'm always thinking of ways to make holidays more fun, and what traditions to create to enrich my children's childhood experience. This year, I was thinking about the Elf on the Shelf tradition at Christmas, and tried to adapt it for St Patrick's day. I looked for a cute little leprechaun to use, but JoAnne's didn't have one, so we ended up with this cute pot of gold instead. It gets hidden daily somewhere in the house, and when someone finds it, they can help themselves to a piece of "gold" (a gold-wrapped Rolo. What's worth more than chocolate?), and they get to rehide it for the next person to find. The rule is that it has to be hidden somewhere visible, not in a closet or cupboard somewhere. The kids have had fun with it, so I think we'll continue it next year.
1 comment:
What a cute idea! After I read about it in the email you sent to me (thanks, by the way!) I thought that I'd try and do something like that this year too. That's as far as I got though. I'll blame my laziness on the fact that I'm about to have a baby:) Next year there will be no excuses though.
Post a Comment