Sunday, March 20, 2011

G is for green grass and golf

We studied G this week, which made me happy, since "green day" fell this week.  We didn't make it through all the intended activities, as Brighton was happier outside helping his dad build a swing set than inside learning letters with Mom.  We did manage to do 2 activities though.  The first day we talked about grass, and made a grass guy, planting grass seed for his hair, when it comes up.  Waverly made a girl.  Keaton dumped them both out when he woke up from his nap before defacing Brighton's guy.
The next day I set up an outside golf course for him.  He putted 3 holes and wasn't a pro, so he got frusterated with it and gave up.  Too bad, cause I thought it was fun!  Savannah came home just in time and played with me instead.  Here's just a few of our "holes".


We used plastic baseballs and bats.

I had a fun activity planned for "garden" and "gold", but didn't get to them.  Maybe I'll squish them in next week before we move on to "h".

1 comment:

Janessa said...

You're way more organized with your preschool stuff then I am. I'm so impressed. If we lived closer I'd send my kids over to your preschool (I'm sure that's just what you want - more kids:) You have so many fun hands on activities planned. I love hearing all of your cute ideas. Thanks for sharing!