Wednesday, March 2, 2011

From one holiday to the next. St. Patrick's day is sprouting up!

I had fun perusing my mother-in-law's house for items that I could incorporate into my St. Patty's day mantel.  In the end, though, I think I'm happy with how it turned out.

After I put this hat out, Brighton found it and said, "Ooh, a magic leprechaun hat!  Waverly, you put this hat on and it makes all your dreams come true!"  Not sure where he got that from... 

While I was putting the mantle together, Irelynd drew and colored this cute little leprechaun.  She had it cut out and taped to the wall before I realized what she was doing.  Because I thought it was so cute, I moved it to this vase in a more prominent location.

I love my holidays!  St. Patrick's Day has always been a favorite, maybe because it gets so overlooked, and I have red heads.  I have a new idea gelling in my head.  I'm going to see if I can work it in.

2 comments:

Janessa said...

I want to hear your idea! I'm one of those people that never does a whole lot for St. Patty's day. It's not that I don't want to...I'm not sure what it is. I think it's just not really on my radar and then I don't get things put together until it's too late. Love all the decor. Looks like your new house is quickly getting the Jill treatment and becoming your home. Love the "magic leprechaun hat" comment. I want one!

Sal-my-gal said...

Me too!

I finally finished my wreath. Maybe I'll get around to posting it. Your mantle puts my piano to shame. CUTE!