How to make Brighton's juice:
First, you have to start with the freshest ingredients.
Second, it's a hands-on recipe, so prepare to get your hands dirty.
Third, you gotta taste it from time to time, as the measurements are not exact.
And, fourth, it's always helpful to have an assistant to help with the tricky parts.
Brighton's recipe
1 generous pouring of lemon juice
1 generous pouring of lemon juice
1 squirt of strawberry ice cream topping
water
squished orange juice
2 scoops sugar
some leftover fruit salad, squished
1 sliced and peeled banana
1 "mushed up" cheese slice
Overheard while shooting photos:
Irelynd: "What is it?"
Brighton: "I call it...hmmm...I never maked it before," with a shrug of his shoulders.
"I'm making the goodest stuff ever!"
And when the kitchen manager voiced a concern about what he was about to use,
"Mom, it's my recipe!"
Thank goodness none of us got invited to share his concoction, though the girls pleaded with me not to make them drink it. The fruit wasn't so bad, but the "mushed up cheese"? A little scary.
1 comment:
What great pictures! I love his creative culinary genius mind. I bet he'll be a great chef someday just like his mama. Glad he's able to learn young, through trial and error, what makes a good recipe. You're so good to let him experiment like this.
Post a Comment