Sunday, March 20, 2011

Easter mantle

With the end of St. Patty's day, I am on to the next holiday!  Next up: Easter.  Unfortunately, I packed all my holiday decorations from Easter on, so I have to get creative.  My mother-in-law will probably recognize several of her items here from around her house.  Thanks for the use of them, JoAnne!  I LOVE your spring pillow, by the way!  It's still not complete; I need some spring blooms, but as there are none as of yet, I will be making my own.  I'm going to attempt Japanese cherry blossoms.  But I love having a low mantel to decorate!  It's so fun!  I may have to pack some holiday decorations in my emergency supply stuff, or life just won't be worth living!

2 comments:

Richard and JoAnne Henry said...

Jill, I love seeing "familiar" things in your decor. Glad you are finding ways to use them. And....you are giving me ideas for different ways to decorate when we get home. Have fun. I look forward to each holiday to see what you have done.

I love seeing Sallie's decor also. You two are both great!

Janessa said...

That looks fantastic! Way to make it work with things you could find around the house. I fully expect that you have everything that you'd need to throw a party, packed into your 72 hour kit. You just never know when an emergency party would be needed.