With the release of the Austenland movie, my book clubbies (is that a word??) and I got together for a pre-party and celebration of all things Jane Austen. My friend Britt was kind enough to host it, although she was ready to pop with her 4th baby.
Our esteemed guest of honor, Mr. Darcy. (If you look closely, you might notice a slight resemblance to Edward Cullen. You can't say I'm not being kind to the environment by recycling!) Scarlet is our #1 Jane Austen fan, though that title could also go to Jen too; although I didn't see Jen posing with Mr. Darcy/Edward, so Scarlet takes the title!:) Scarlet is wearing one of the hats I created for our ward Dickens Christmas party and have been saving for almost 2 years in anticipation of this event that finally! arrived with the release of the movie.
Everybody brought something that would have been eaten during Jane Austen's time, but modernized to taste good. The spread was awesome! I scored by having friends that can really cook!
I sprinkled quotes from Pride and Prejudice around the tables. Here's a close up of Michelle's seriously AMAZING waffles and fruit. Yum!
I had to include this quote for Jen:)
A picture of my awesome hats and bonnets;)
Some of the decorations.
Michelle
Lisa
We had a fun night together and I loved the movie! I am blessed to have great friends to go along with all my party ideas, and are so willing to bring themed food. I love you guys!
1 comment:
First of all, you look so good! Dang girl! I'm impressed!!! What have you been doing? You'll have to share all your secrets with me. Seriously, hot! Okay, now the party. I love the fun themed parties you have have when a movie comes out! I can't believe you've been saving that bonnet for two years. Actually, kind of I can:) You are devoted to your parties! I love your Edward turned Mr. Darcey. Very clever, and green:) Your friends are lucky to have YOU!
Post a Comment