Sunday, December 15, 2013

An interview with Savannah

 When did this
and this
and especially this
become this beautiful young woman?  I swear she was just yesterday that little girl that crawled around on all fours constantly, pretending to be a dog, drinking from a dog bowl and having strangers scratch her tummy.  In a blink of an eye, she grew up into a teenager and blossoming woman.  More than anybody else, Savannah getting older makes me feel the years slipping through my fingers.  My mom warned me the years would go fast, and then my children would be gone.  It's hard to imagine that as a young mother walking the floor with her first baby night after night, or having to watch and/or sing along with the Barney song for the upteenth time that day.  However, watching my "baby" grow up, and counting down the number of Christmases left before she's gone (though I try not to), has changed my perspective.  Time does go so quickly!  And the moments with my children have become so precious!  I want to remember what they were like at each age, so I can read this blog book and cry over it because I'm an old lady without any kids left at home.  Or something less depressing:)

Ok, I asked Savannah a few questions as well, and here are her answers:

Q:  What's the best thing about being 14:
A:  Becoming a Mia Maid
Q:  What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment in life, so far?
A:  Being Beehive President and being on the Shakespeare Team


Q:What do you think are your best and worst qualities?
A:  Best: Acting and singing.  Also being able to make friends easily.
Worst:  Being overly judgemental


Q:  If you could look into the future and learn three things, what would you want to know?
A: 1, who am I going to marry?
2, how many kids will I have?
3, how long will I live?


Q:  What do you want to be when you grow up?
A:  A movie director


Q:  What do you think about as you fall asleep at night?
A:  my homework: did I do it?  Will I have any tomorrow?

Q:  Who or what are your loves?
A:  Acting and singing, doing things with my friends and family


Q:  If you had a day to yourself, with no financial constraints, what would you do with it?
A:  Go horseback riding with my friends


Q:  What are your favorite foods?
A:  Home-grilled hamburgers, fettucine alfredo, fishy crackers


Q:  What are your favorite movies?
A:  Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Breaking Dawn 1 & 2 [edited of course!:)]


Q:  What is the most important thing for a 14 year old to know?
A:  Have fun while there is no stress in your life

Q:  What makes you happy?
A:  eating the corner off the pizza, hanging out with my friends, especially Chloe

Happy Birthday Savannah!  I can't wait to see where life takes you.

No comments: