Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The President's Tree

 The Presidential tree came through our neck of the woods on its way from its birthplace in WA state to Washington DC.  They stopped in Spanish Fork for one night and invited the public to come see it.  Never having had this experience before, I naively thought we'd get to view the actual tree set up.  So I was disappointed to get to the city park, and see just the semi hauling it, with the tree under a big tarp and inside the trailer.  Of course, I hadn't actually thought through the process it would take to set up a tree that large at every stop along the way.  So we were content to just sign our name on the tarp with everyone else and feel like we were a part of minor history. 
 The tarp was pretty full with names already, (plus plenty of this sentiment below.  I agreed but didn't let my kids write anything this disrespectful.  It obviously didn't stop me from taking a picture of it though),
 so everyone had to sit on someone's shoulders to write anything.  Savannah is boosted up on McKell's back.


 It was pretty cold outside, so we ended our FHE night with hot chocolate with peppermint marshmallows and Christmas rice crispy bars from Grandma LeBaron.  YUM!



No comments: