Thursday, January 2, 2014

Boston's Big Day

 Where did the last year go?  My baby turned one on November 6th.  The older kids and I went to see Despicable Me 2 (leaving Boston behind for a nap), then ran to buy him a small gift, and came home for dinner.  We gave Boston jello for the first time to feed himself.  It was not a hit, but he did enjoy throwing it!
 Boston loves to give Keaton hugs.  He and Keaton have a special relationship.  I think they must have been buds in Heaven.

Cake time!  I had to laugh at this scenario.  13 years ago when Savannah turned 1, we went with my 3 sisters and mom to a cabin in Bear Lake to celebrate it.  I bought her several carefully-selected gifts and spent hours making and decorating a pumpkin cake.  Her second birthday I spent hours again decorating a Barney cake for her.  I looked like I had murdered Barney for days afterwards because of the frosting.  Flash forward 13 years to Boston's first.  We went to a movie without him, ran to Kmart after the movie looking for stacking cups.  Didn't find any, so we bought him some soft blocks.  Stopped by my sister-in-law's house on the way home to pick up the mini cake she made for him because she had cake batter that needed to get used up, and frosted it with left-over pink frosting in the bottom of the fridge that I dyed orange and slapped on the cake in 2 mins, followed by some leftover M&M's.  What a contrast.  Boston, if you are reading this in the future, know that we love you immensely and you are just as important as your older sister, but I realized that first birthdays are all about wrapping paper and cake to a one-year-old.  We had both, so we felt you were not deprived:)



  He's mesmerized by the flame.
 Boston touched the flame and got slightly burned, so we switched to presents quickly.  He was unimpressed by the blocks.  Knew I should have got him stacking cups!


 He was not shy, and dug right in.


 After getting completely covered in frosting, we stripped him down to a onsie.  He crawled onto the table, and was great entertainment for the rest of us as he tried to eat the other kids' ice cream, and danced and wiggled.

 Like Keaton hijacking my photo in the back?
 "You were done with this, right?"

 We sure love you Boston! 

No comments: