Sunday, January 19, 2014

More randomness

 Every holiday, no matter how small, the kids get SO excited to pull out the decorations.  Ok, Christmas might engender a little more nagging from them because it means present overload is coming.  When I pulled out the boxes, I stressed to them NOT to open them because they have a tendency to just throw it everywhere before I've even finished unloading the shed.  Keaton swore he wasn't, until he came prancing in with our Santa costume on.  How could I be too mad with this cute face?  He and Waverly played Santa and Mrs Claus for days, until I hauled the boxes (with the Santa costume) back out to the shed.  When I asked later what the twins wanted for Christmas, Keaton told me "a Keaton-sized Santa suit, with a sled that can really fly like Santa's."  Waverly asked for a miniature North Pole and Mrs. Claus suit.  When I explained that Santa doesn't bring magical presents, she came back with, "ok, then I want a leprechaun for Christmas.  Then I can wish for everything else that Santa doesn't bring."  The girl is brilliant, I tell you.  I'm in trouble...
 We have become obsessed with Studio C in our house since Savannah got the first 2 seasons on dvd for her birthday.  For awhile, the little kids would climb on our shoulders during scripture study and claim to be Shoulder Angel and Shoulder Devil.  It's hard to tell which is which.  They both look evil!
 We got a visit from Peppermint again this year.  We welcomed her with a North Pole breakfast.  This is one of the pranks she pulled.  The kids' favorite prank was when she took a dry erase marker to our family photo and drew mustaches and hair on everyone.
One day after school, the twins begged for a Christmas lunch so they could have a Christmas party downstairs.  I took their lunches down to the playroom (a special treat, since we don't allow eating downstairs usually), and they had decorated it with stuff they stole from other areas around the house.  It was really cute.

No comments: