Thursday, January 2, 2014

All Hallows Eve 2013

 Our Halloween dinner this year consisted of Eyeballs in blood (tomato basil soup plus mozzarella balls), shriveled fingers (roasted carrots), dead mans toes (lil smokies and tortilla strips), fruit and pumpkin dip, smoking swamp water (green juice), bread bones, and troll eyes (chocolate).  It was frightfully delicious!


 Waverly the Witch.
 All month long she practiced her witch cackle.  She got pretty good at it!
 Keaton was very determined to be Spiderman this year.  He knew from Oct 1st what he wanted to be and never wavered from it.  I didn't have the heart to tell him that his costume is the bad Spidey.
 Showing me his best web-throwing pose.
 Hopefully this is not an omen of things to come.  Brighton planned on being Darth Vader for Halloween, but misplaced his cape before school on Halloween, so we had to pull this costume out that he wore for his hip hop concert last year.
 Jail Bird Brighton.
 Irelynd didn't know what she wanted to be for the big day this year til right before.  She decided to split the day:  Hippie by day, and Pirate by night.  Peace, dude.

 The twins have morning kindergarten, so we went back for the parade in the afternoon.  We were lucky to run into Wrigley, Sallie and Sophie while there.  Wrigley is such a cute little clown!  My talented SIL put her costume together from items she already had.  Because she's awesome like that.

 In the parade, there were numerous Darth Vaders.  I stopped counting after 5.  However, there were NO Inmates that I saw.  Is that a bragging point for us or not?

 Boston enjoyed the show.
 I had to get a picture of his funny Mowgli crawl.  That's my cute niece in the ladybug costume.
 For Halloween dinner, I did a quick taco salad and added eyes, because it has to be spooky.
 My Boo Crew.  Savannah did not dress up for the first time this year, though afterwards she regretted it and wished she had.  She spent the evening with a friend at a neighborhood haunted house.  It was sad for me to finally reach that point where my children are too grown up to trick-or-treat.  It goes by so fast!!!
 Arr Matey!  Walk the plank!
 That's Brighton under that mask.  He ditched the mask before we even left home.
 Boston made the cutest giraffe.  I found his costume at a yard sale last summer.  He barely fit it, but he was adorable, with his fat cheeks sticking out from the hood.  I couldn't stop smiling as I looked at him.
 See?  Fat cheeks!

 Scott has a tradition of dressing up and scaring the trick-or-treaters.  He hasn't done it since we moved out of our house, for one reason or another, but he decided to reinstate it this year.  He wore his gorilla costume and sat death still with the candy bowl.  He enclosed the entryway in black fabric, had the fog machine and eery music playing.  He gets such a kick out of scaring the kids, though he tries not to scare the little ones.  One year a teenager walked away whispering to his friend that he had wet his pants.
 
 After getting back home, Scott wanted to see what Boston's reaction would be to the scary gorilla mask.  None, other than fascination and wanting to grab it.  Our other 2 boys got hysterical at the very sight of a mask.  Not sure what this will mean later.

 He's got that giraffe-in-the-headlights look...
 I had to get a butt view, since as he crawled, his tail swung.  Made more comical by the straight-leg crawl he does.  He really played his part well.
I love Halloween!

No comments: