This was my shelf and hall table for this year's Autumn/Thanksgiving decor. I copied the big frame from pinterest. I wrote things we are thankful for on cardboard and framed it in a repurposed frame I painted cream, distressed and stained. I still need to add a "grateful" vinyl decal to the front, which I didn't get to this year. Oh well, it'll get done in stages.
We spent Thanksgiving at my Mom's again this year. My sister Michelle flew in from California to spend it with us. We haven't seen her since the reunion last July (1 1/2 yrs ago), so we were SO excited to have her come home. It was a really short trip; we picked her up at the airport on Wednesday evening, and she flew home on Saturday morning, but my girls enjoyed every moment with her. Irelynd, especially, has a really close relationship with Michelle. Grandma invited them to stay over, so they slept over Wednesday and Thursday nights, and went shopping on Friday. I was envious of the time with my sister, but I'm glad they were able to make some great memories with their Aunt.
I was put in charge of favors this year, and made these waffle "cone-acopias" with tags. They turned out pretty cute. Here's a close up.
It was unseasonably warm on Thanksgiving, which was SO nice, so Waverly got another use out of her pillowcase dress I made for beach photos in Newport. She looked so cute I had to snap a photo of her. She is SO girly; she tells me daily how she wants her hair done, and makes sure it's properly accessorized with bows/flowers. I'm glad she finally decided this dress was cute enough to wear. Maybe it took Dad telling her and not Mom.
And a close up of her cute smile!
In continuing with our tradition of making crafts after dinner, Michelle shared her current hobby with us. She brought stuff to make beaded bracelets. And in true Michelle-style, we had a multitude of choices. I ended up with 3 bracelets, plus a bunch of earrings to match.
Irelynd finally graduated up to the adult table, and made the craft with us.
The little kids made foam craft kits. Brighton made a gingerbread train.
Waverly made a gingerbread house, and Keaton some snowmen.
This was Waverly's house. I didn't get any photos of the boys' projects, but they were cute too.
These are Savannah's, mine, and Irelynd's finished products. I love my new jewelry!
Before leaving, I wanted to get a group photo of Michelle with my kids, as she is here so infrequently. They just adore her. She has no kids of her own, so she spoils mine instead. Brighton is missing because he fell asleep.
With his boots on. Yes, he dressed himself today. A boy has to be prepared for all kinds of weather...
I think Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. I wish it lasted longer. I wonder if this is what Heaven will feel like; family gathered together enjoying each other's company. Today I am grateful for a wonderful, loving, fun family.

















No comments:
Post a Comment