Funny story about the stocking holders. Well, funny now, but Brighton pulled them all down while he was trying to hang from the garland on the mantel. If you know Brighton, this will not surprise you. 6 out of 8 broke. Keaton took care of the 7th while imitating Brighton a few days later. Miraculously, no one ended up with stitches in their heads from falling heavy iron stocking holders, even though all three were playing beneath them when they fell both times. There are blessings in paying your tithing! (as we are medically un-insured at the moment!)
Scott went to work to solve the Problem Of The Stocking Hangers, and came up with this below. Just a black board. The squares are different Christmas scrapbook papers he framed in with edging, and iron knobs in the middle. It's screwed into the wall at the back, so no more falling stocking holders.
Don't we look like a big family??? Since my mom was spending Christmas with us this year, I made her her own family stocking so it'd match the rest of ours.
I made hers, Keaton's and Waverly's this year. I was happy with how they turned out, and I drew the pattern myself, using inspiration from Pottery Barn + another site. Keaton's was my favorite as the Nutcracker Prince. Waverly's is the Sugarplum Fairy (I had to have them go together, as they are twins!), and my mom's of course, had to be a baking grandma. The flour sack on the floor says "Alberta's best flour" as that is her flour of choice.
3 comments:
That is a lot of stockings!
Thanks for the nice compliment, little sister. I'd forgotten that I made you a tree skirt. I am touched that you still use it. I'm still making them occasionally, I made one last year for my best friend.
Love those creative stockings, they will always look classic.
Holy smokes! I don't think I knew you were such a talente seamstres (however you spell that). Those stockings are amazing. That's way more involved then then sewing a few straight lines (that's the level I'm on.) I'm so impressed with the stocking hanger solution! What do you do with it when it's not Christmas? I'm glad there were no stocking holder injuries. The whole rest of your house looks fantastic! Would you please come visit me and help me decorate my house? Maybe it's a good thing we're not neighbors - my house would look pathetic next to yours. Okay, even with a pathetic looking house I still wish we were neighbors:) I love the Christmas village nook. Very clever. Thanks for sharing all the pictures!
Post a Comment