Thursday, January 7, 2010

1st day of school, part 2

We are so proud of Irelynd! And sad, too, that we will be losing our little girl one year earlier than originally planned. Upon recommendation from her 1st grade teacher and the school principal, we graduated Irelynd up to second grade after 2 1/2 months of school. She was bored and hating school, which is not typical for her. We agonized over the decision, as she had already made friends in her class, and loved her teacher, but decided to give it a try. She resisted, but after the first day, we were both glad we made the decision we did. She loves school again and is finally challenged in the work. I just didn't expect to lose another daughter a whole year earlier than I thought I would to college.


1 comment:

Janessa said...

Wow, you've got a whole house full of smarty pants! I'm so impressed and glad that she loves school again. She looks adorable.