We started a tradition last year of having a snowman party in late January. After the rush of holidays the preceding 3 months, January feels like a screeching halt. The girls invited a few school friends and we ate and played snow-related games.
I always have fun with this theme--I love icy blue and white together. And I finally got to use my after-Christmas sale silver chargers! Yeah!

I made these chocolate-dipped pretzels following directions from Family Fun. I love that magazine!

Making snow bracelets from OTC.

Another Family Fun creation: it's a cheese ball. So cute, isn't it? That's mozzarella cheese, by the way, not coconut.

Snowman donuts.

The girls made mini pizzas on hamburger buns. The idea was to make a pizza snowman face, but no one got it.

We played snow charades, where the girls had to pop a white balloon and act out the snow-related activity. I was surprised on how fast they got some of them. The next game was to wrap the snowman--with TP and crepe paper, add on a nose, scarf, and hat. This was our winning team.

It's supposed to be a carrot, but looks more like quack quack!

We ended with melting snowball, where the girl left holding the package when the music stops gets to unwrap one layer and the group has to follow the directions on the next layer, like pass backwards.

Irelynd and her two guests.

As a side story, if you notice above Brighton's left eye, there is a small cut. The night before, at bedtime, he was reluctant to go upstairs and ran from me. So, to make it a game, I chased him down and threw him over my shoulders, like a sack of potatoes. Only, I was a little too close to the mantle and slammed his face on the corner of it. Hence the super glue on his eye and the $250 dr visit. Lesson learned: when playing sack of potatoes, make sure the mantle and all other obstructions are a safe distance away. Brighton no longer likes that game.

Savannah and her guests. I had my eyes opened during this party to what's coming. Notice the girls' padded...uh, chests? They took the cotton balls from the cotton ball shoveling game and stuffed them, along with any layers of wrapping paper they could wrestle from each other, to make themselves more...uh, buxom. I have to admit, I'm a little scared.
3 comments:
Any excuse to party. I LOVE it! January gets so long and cold and boring. The perfect time for a party. Everything looks so Jill perfect - the food, the decor, the activities. You did it again! I am totally cracking up over that last picture!
Oh, no! Those silly girls. I love your snowman stuff. So cute.
How fun! I wish I was more of a party person...you inspirational!I just realized we have the same blog background...it's a good one! Reminds me of the AMAZING invites you made for your New Moon party (:
Post a Comment