Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Love Day 2010
Year's ago, before kids, Scott and I went out to dinner on Valentine's Day at a popular restaurant. 3.5 hours later, as we were just sitting down to eat, we swore we would never be so stupid again to venture out on this crazy night. We usually celebrate it with the kids at home. This year, Savannah's activity days leaders provided babysitting for a few families in the ward, ours included. So we had a nice adult dinner instead. I always thought it would be fun to have a nice fancy dinner with adults for Valentine's Day, but never tried. I was glad to have people over this year! Here is my table set up for company.
A few of the details...
We were lucky that we found some people who wanted to spend their Sweetheart Day with us! We had Alice Springs chicken, salad, breadsticks, honey-glazed carrots, and a very sinful, but to die for chocolate soup, I got from Bro. Shearer. Ok, I thought it was divine, if others thought the raspberry coulis on top was a bit tart:) Thanks for a fun evening, guys! And to those of you who missed, we'll get you yet next month!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You guys sure know how to "do up" special days! Looks like you had a great time...I am truly sorry we couldn't make it!
I didn't know you were having a sweetheart party. How fun! Table looks great, and that chocolate soup sounds divine (I like tart raspberries with my chocolate).
I know I was invited, but still, you're just making me jealous.
I had so much fun at your party. The food was great, the decor was pretty, and the company was fantastic.
Your chocolate brownie cake says it all, looking at it makes me feel happy. You went to a lot of work to make a fun holiday extra memorable for your guests and make them feel special. I bet there is no "off" switch in your brain, you are amazing, again.
What a fun, fun valentine's! You guys had a great adult/kid balance. What a wonderful activity day leader to offer free babysitting. Lucky! I love all the decor and the food sounds amazing (of course). I'll have to get the recipe for that chocolate soup. Sounds interesting. I'm very impressed with Scott's spread for the family dinner. What a man! All the heart food is a very nice touch. That browine and ice cream cake is making my mouth water. Yum!
Post a Comment