Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Emily's diaper cake

We had a very small family shower for Kyle and Emily a week ago. She's having their first baby, a girl, so I HAD to make her this cute diaper cake. As you can see, her name is going to be Navy.
For instructions on how to make one of these, go here.
I also was trying to channel Amy Atlas, with her beautiful candy bars, but fell very short. Still, I am compelled to take a picture of my food, and food creations. I made these yummy pink lemonade cupcakes with merengue frosting (realizing too late that I didn't have any pink cupcake liners, so I had to use my leftover Twilight pack liners, which totally threw off my color scheme of pink and brown.). I also made dipped Oreo suckers, and dipped pink marshmallow suckers. I had envisioned pink and brown for those, too, but, due to my bad planning, didn't check my inventory, of which Brighton had gotten to and devoured my chocolate. So, again, not my vision, but a good practice.
I was really just wanting to try out my cupcake recipe I found for next month's UVMOM cupcake party. It's gonna be fun, girls!

5 comments:

Sal-my-gal said...

Looks fab!

Sal-my-gal said...

That was totally a worthwhile read. She's funny!

M_Hop said...

I am going to have a baby just so you can make me these fun cuppycakes and marshmallow delights. Your presentation is so perfect, and that's a big part of any gift. It's the way you make people feel that gives you that extra sparkle. You will be that person everybody remembers.

M_Hop said...

Your cake is outstanding! Love those 'so Jill' trademark colors...

Janessa said...

Everything you touch is amazing - color scheme or not. I wish I lived close enough for you to throw me a party. I don't really have a good reason for a party, but who needs a reason? That cupcake party sounds like a lot of fun. They've got the right girl on board for that one.