Thursday, August 13, 2009

I is for Iceblocking.

This is something I haven't done since I was a freshman in college. I forgot how small those little blocks are. And how much bigger my little rear is since having to fit on one. The girls were so excited to try this, and I was equally so to let them, since it brought back fond memories of when I did this last. I don't remember how hard it was to stay on, however. I got thrown on my hiney too many times to count. When I was able to balance down the hill and get the ice cruising, it was a blast! What we do for fun in Spanish Fork...

Scott giving the girls the 411 of iceblocking.
Demonstrating technique...

Savannah required a push to get hers going.


Look at me go! Brighton was a faithful little puppy dog, following me up and down the hill.

Savannah thought it might work better to go backwards, dragging her long legs behind her.


I tried to get Brighton going, but he couldn't stay on and hold his feet up for long enough.
Scott and I decided next time we go we're going to make our own, using cookie sheets to hold adult-sized rear ends. Maybe even freeze them with rope attached and ski down the hill with a foot on each one. That could be fun...

1 comment:

Janessa said...

How fun!!! I remember doing some ice blocking in Provo. A couple of years ago (while living in Iowa) we told the kids about it and decided to make it a family outing. I don't know how many stores and gas stations we went to looking for the big blocks of ice, but we couldn't find them any where. I like your homemade ice block ideas. The rope thing would be a lot of fun. We'll have to give it a try.