Thursday, August 27, 2009

Tea for two

A few weeks ago, we had a bout with croup. That Sunday, only Scott and Savannah were well enough to go to church. Irelynd, on her own accord, made a tea party for the two of us. We had sugared water "tea", yogurt, and a roll. We tried to speak in our best English accents and spoke about the weather. Irelynd was like, "mom, why do you keep saying it's such a lovely day?" What else did they talk about in the time period of Jane Austen??? She even put on her best dress up. Brighton was irked not to be included and insisted he be allowed to join us. I was ok with giving up my warm sugar water. It's moments like this that I hope I will remember one day when they're grown up and I'm all alone with my rocking chair and knitting needles...


2 comments:

Janessa said...

Once again, you are a shining mother example! Why do I not sit down and have tea parties with my girls more often? Because I have "important" things that "have to get done"? It sounds like a lovely time. Hope you're all feeling better.

Lisa said...

You knit too? You are AMAZING! Looks like you had a "lovely" time (: