Sunday, August 16, 2009
My own drab to fab makeover
One day, in perusing Tip Junkie's back to school ideas, I came upon an idea for a remodeled backpack. It looked way out of my league, but, as Savannah had decided to use the below bag as her school bag this year, I decided it wasn't an option not to try it. I mean, no almost-10-yr-old girl can use that as a proper bookbag. How boring and mundane and masculine. Nope, no daughter of mine will be using a man's computer bag. So, with help from here, I added a little pizazz to this boring black bag, and ended up with...
This! Ta da! I was really happy with how it turned out, and what's more, Savannah was too. She called in the 2 little girls from next door to come and see it. What a proud mama moment for me. Lots and lots of mama paychecks there peeps! She is now equipped to enter fifth grade properly, as a girl. This is the front...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That bag is so cute! Someday I will need tips on how to make cute, girly stuff, and I'll call you.
Oh my goodness! That is adorable!!! I'm glad Savannah was so excited about it too. You are good!
way to go this is DARLING! and so perfect!
i saw your link on my sitemeter and came to see who's been by! i'm so glad i did!
and hey you can always re-hot glue it.
Post a Comment