Saturday, June 20, 2009

Smart quotes by Brighton


After getting caught hurting Keaton, with his dad giving him "the Look" he says, "I know, I know, time out. Set my timer."

Coming in to report the Keaton was digging in the dirt outside, he says,"Keaton is in the dirt. But don't spank him. He's too little. And I don't have the right."

One morning, after getting caught red-handed making a HUGE mess of my newly-cleaned bathroom vanity, he was sent to get in the shower for his safety while I calmed down. Irelynd reprimanded him for it and he says, very indignantly, "I'm in the shower. Don't worry about it!"

While in the same shower, and talking to himself, he says, "shut up, I'm not a loser!" Disclaimer, I have NO idea whatsoever where he got this. We don't allow "shut up" to be said to anyone in our family, and we DO NOT call our kids a loser. (someone may overhear me muttering to myself occasionally that I'm going to pull the kid's testicles off, but I never call my son a loser).

3 comments:

Sal-my-gal said...

Funny kid! I see you've entered the world of 3 column blogging. How very tech savy : )

Lisa said...

Oh Jill, you make me laugh! Alyssa was talking to "someone" imaginary the other day and called them an idiot. I thought, "who did she hear that from". That would be me. As I am driving that word just seems to fly from my lips(:

Janessa said...

Oh, that Brighgon is too cute - even when he's being naughty. I love that he knows the routine when he's been caught.