Saturday, June 20, 2009

R is for Relatives and Reunion

We had such a wonderful 3 days last week! My dad's family finally decided to have a reunion after 8 years, and my sister Patti and her whole family came up, along with my brothers Kevin and Craig. Since everyone was here, minus two sisters out-of-state, Patti and Kevin were sealed in the Provo temple, my nephew's wife Tami received her endowments, and my nephew Isaac blessed his new baby Levi. It was so awesome to spend time with this part of the family that we only get to see every few years, as they all live and work in Cheyenne WY. We are so proud and happy for all of them! After so many trials in her life, Patti deserves all the happiness and joy that came from this moment. We are so happy to have her husband of 5 years be sealed to our sister and by extension, our entire family. You're stuck with us now, Kevin!

Thursday: Tami's endowment. In order to make it to the temple in time, I had to speed a lot, and run up the hill and stairs, and caught everyone just in time heading to the endowment room. Whew! I was a sweaty mess, but so happy I made it! This is my mom, Tami and nephew TJ.

Kevin, Patti, Tami and TJ


Kellee, Tami and Summer--my three nieces-in-law (?)


Friday: Patti and Kevin were sealed for time and all eternity in the Provo Temple, with most of our family present. Again, missing were two sisters, whom we felt the absence of, but it was SO wonderful to have most of my family in the temple together. It's the first time I've been present to see a sibling sealed, as I'm the youngest of 7. Here's Patti and Kevin coming out of the temple together.
This is my Mom, Patti, and brother Craig. (I didn't get the memo about it being black/navy blue day)
See? That's me in stick-out purple! Along with Scott, my sister Julie, and BIL Kevin.


Later on Friday: Levi's blessing day. Since everyone was here already, my nephew and his wife Summer blessed their new baby, Levi, at my Mom's. He is such a cute baby! Even if he is white and not brown like his grandpa:) Isaac did such a great job with the blessing. Here's my sister, nephew Isaac, and baby Levi.

Isaac, big sister Alexis, and baby Levi. I told you he was cute! Here's proof.


Saturday: LeBaron Reunion. We had to go to Mutual Dell up AF Canyon for the reunion, and almost didn't make it. Their were rock slides across the road, and other debris, due to the heavy winds and rain we had that day. What a weird June it's been! I was so excited to see my cousin Becky, whom I was great friends with growing up. We lost touch after we both got married, but reconnected when we found out we were both expecting boy/girl twins last year. I find it funny because we both married a Scott, and had boy/girl twins due one month apart, but as mine were too impatient to wait, ended up only 4 days apart. (I won the race!) We also realized that the other cousin of ours in the family who has boy/girl twins also married a Scott. How weird is that??? We lined all four babies up on the couch and they almost looked like quads. Funny, since my twins were born at 5 lbs and hers at 7 1/2 lbs. They caught up, apparently.
Max and Camri Frahm, Keaton and Waverly. Mine looked like albinos next to these beautiful bronzed babies!
Looks like Waverly is feeling right at home with her second cousin, or whatever they are to each other. Never have figured that out completely.
For my contribution to the dessert table, I made cake pops, which I found the recipe for on Bakerella. If you've never read Bakerella's blog, you are missing out, I tell you! She is great fun for all baking nuts like myself. I wanted to make the cupcake pops but Walmart does not sell flower-shaped cookie cutters, much to my irritation! These are time-consuming, but turned out so cute! And yummy. This is the only picture I was able to take, as these little guys here made us late leaving our house.

2 comments:

Sal-my-gal said...

What a great temple filled week! Cute babies!

Janessa said...

How neat to be in the temple with so much family. You sure packed a lot of family fun into one week. I love the twin cousins picture. I can't believe how much they look alike. I'll bet they have fun growing up together. I LOVE your cute little sucker creations!