Me to Brighton "Boo!"
Brighton, "Mom, you scared my brains out! They ran away, you scared me so much!"
Me to Brighton, "if you get scared at night you can say a prayer to Heavenly Father and He will help you not feel scared."
Brighton: "Heavenly Father can't come help me now because he has to go put his jammies on and go to bed. His mom says it's time to go to bed."
Me to Savannah, "We need to talk about what happens when you grow up." {yeah, the school maturation program sped up my timeline on this subject.}
Savannah: "is this 'The Talk' that I hear everyone talk about so much?" {thankfully, no; that can wait still a little longer!}
Irelynd: "Mom, do they use gasoline to make chapstick?"
Me: "um, no; where'd you hear that?"
Irelynd: "my friend at school said I needed to put gasoline on my lips to help them not be chapped."
Me: "um, do you mean vaseline?"
Irelynd: "ohhhhh"
2 comments:
Those are awesome. I had to have the maturation talk with my 10 year old also. Not something I want to deal with, but necessary and it wasn't so bad after all.
I love the kid quotes! They are my favorite. We've been saying that we need to have the talk with Taylor too. How did it go? Did I really sign up for this?
Post a Comment