I got ambitious and made the older girls matching Easter skirts this year, instead of buying ready made dresses. Part of the motivation was finding this adorable fabric on half price at Joanne's. I bought it before St. Patrick's day, but, true to Jill style, waited until the middle of April to even start them. Then, I got Savannah's done, finally, and waited until Saturday night to start Irelynds. I stayed up until 3 am finishing it, only to get up 4 hours later to make it to a baby blessing. I cursed my stupidity until Irelynd tackle-hugged me the next morning with a fervent "thank you Mommy!" That made it all worth it.
I was really happy with how they turned out. I used a pattern, but had to lengthen it when I realized it was cut for 5 inches above the knee. Not modest. I also added a lining and the polka-dot ruffle and netting layer. The girls were happy with them, so I was happy with them. This isn't the best picture, but you get the idea.
And here it is in action on Irelynd. It was windy and cold this day so the girls wouldn't cooperate with a group photo. That'll be later.
2 comments:
Those are such cute skirts Jill!!
You are amazing!!! This just sealed the deal. You have automaticaly won all present and future super mom contests. The skirts turned out so dang cute! I love the additions you made to them too. I'm so lame. I've never really baought, let alone made, matching Easter outfits for my girls. I should. They would totally love it. Can I place my order and just hire you to make some for me next year?
Post a Comment