Sunday, May 30, 2010

Girls' night in

A couple of weeks ago our ward had their father and son's campout.  Scott took Brighton for the night.  He was SO excited to go on a date with just Scott.  I took the opportunity to plan a fun night for all my girls left at home (plus Keaton--he can go next year!)

First we made pizza bubble bread.  This was a staple from my teenage girls' night outs.  It's just quartered canned biscuits, coated in pizza sauce, put on a cookie sheet, and topped with pizza toppings.  Fast and easy pizza, plus it's great for kids because it pulls apart into bite-size pieces.  Savannah made this herself!  It was very good.  Plus we added cream soda, which is a huge treat in our house, as pop is only used for sick days and marinating.
Keaton didn't want to eat his own, but it sure tasted good off of Irelynd's fork!
Next, I sent the older girls up for a soak/splash fest in our big bathtub while I put the twins to bed.  This is usually reserved for birthdays only, so it was a big deal to them.
After the resulting flood was cleaned up, they came back down for indoor s'mores (can't let the boys have all the fun!), and a movie.  We watched Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, as Savannah had just finished the book the week before.
I learned marshmallows don't melt too well in an electric oven.

Somehow, I didn't end up with any pictures of Savannah, other than the bathtub.  I enjoyed the night with my girls.  I realized we need to plan more of these in the future, while they still enjoy being with me.
Here's Irelynd's version of our night:  WARNING: for those of you who haven't read the books or seen HP 6, there are some spoilers in the following story!

My weekend was sooooo fun!  On Saturday, we had a GIRLS NIGHT OUT and we watched Harry Potter 6!  But Dumbledor, the head master died!  I was about to cry because I was so sad.  But, my dad and brother went to fathers and sons.  We were going to have peticures and manicures but, we didn't have time.

2 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Love the fun girls night. I have two boys and then a girl and honestly this is one of the reasons I really wanted a girl. We always cook our s'mores in the microwave but it is not quite the same.

Janessa said...

What a fun night in with your girls! Reading it made me want to have one with my girls. What could I kick the boys out to go do? That pizza is a fantastic idea. I'm so going to copy that one. Just call me the queen idea stealer! I love Irelynds version of the evening. Oh, when we do indoor smores I just put them on a cookie sheet - graham cracker square, chocolate, big marshmallow torn in half. Put both halfs on but they don't fall off as easily if they're smaller like that. I put them in the oven on broil for just a few minutes. Watch them carefully though because marshmallows are very flamable. Don't ask me how I know:) You loose the roasting them on a stick element this way but they are delish!