I made this dessert for Mother's Day yesterday. I'd never used this recipe before. My mom LOVES fruit trifle; I prefer chocolate. So I made a dessert that compromised. Honestly, I wasn't expecting it to be that good. Chocolate and kiwi didn't sound go great. But I will always try to be fair to a recipe. I don't want to show prejudice. It was really good! But even better, it was pretty! It's all about presentation, isn't it? If you want to try it, you can find the recipe here. As you can see, I substituted blackberries for raspberries, since that is what I had. It worked too, but I bet raspberries would be better.
Also, since we're sharing recipes, here is the recipe for Amish baked oatmeal for my loyal fans {and you know who you are!} that my family just LOVES.
Amish Baked Oatmeal
3 c oats
¾3/4 c brown sugar
2 ½1/2 c milk
½1/2 c water
¼1/4 c melted butter
2 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
1 ½1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients; mix well. Spread evenly into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 30 mins or until edges are golden brown. Serve immediately. 6-8 servings.
Serving options:
Fresh berries
Warm milk or cream
Fresh fruit
Maple syrup
Peanut butter
1 comment:
Your trifle looks beautiful! I'm all about presentation (which doesn't explain my yard or my house).
I'm a HUGE fan of the oatmeal. In fact I'm eating it right now!
Post a Comment