Ok, you ever have those days when you are ready to run away? Really, truly, pack your bags and literally run, if that's the only option you have? I had one today. I've been back from Vegas less than one full week, and I'm wondering what in the heck am I doing with five kids? I can't possibly raise them to maturity! {gasp for breath!} It's not that they did anything really terrible today, they were better in some ways than they have been in the past. But after, say 12 hours of a whiny two-year-old that screams every time he doesn't get his way, an over-tired, emotional 9-year-old that breaks down in tears/argument at every request, a 6-yr-old who still can't seem to remember to get to the potty in time, and two very needy {but so adorable} twins, I'm thinking mom's going MIA. The icing on the cake was when we were trying to get 3 kids in the shower and 2 babies fed and Savannah yells down, "There's ants everywhere!" After a full can of bug spray, and an inspection, Scott retrieved a pair of peed panties under Irelynd's bed that appears to have been the draw (not to mention the entire load of clean laundry I just put in her room on Saturday that she swore to me she put away and just stuffed under her bed behind her baskets that now has to be re-washed since it was now covered in bug spray and ants!) Nice. I did get a kick out of telling the girls tonight though, like every night, not to let the bed bugs bite. Heehee!
Recently I read a book for book club this month, The Runaway Mother. Irelynd saw it on my nightstand one morning and told Scott, "I know why Mommy's reading that book. It's because when we are naughty she says she is going to run away." Ok, nothing like that to make you feel like a schmuck, but I can't deny it. Oh, and by the way, that Calgon commercial is a bust; it does not take you away. All I can say is thank heavens there's always another day to try again to be the kind of mother I know I should be. Why does raising kids have to be so dang hard? Mike and Carol Brady never had to clean up poopy pants or mop the floors. Her hair always looked fabulous (for 1969) and her make-up was done. No wonder some animals eat their young...
4 comments:
I'd eat mine if they fit the calorie requirements.
Don't forget, Carol Brady had Alice to do all her dirty work(: Some days can be pretty rough all right (and I only have 3). I think you're a great mom Jill!
Thanks for such a funny post. I had never read your blog before but I saw the link on Lisa's and I know that you and Cynthia are friends so I thought I'd check out your blog. I really needed to hear that one today. Thanks! You're right about the Brady bunch. Everything always looks easier on tv. :)
I have had several days like that this week (it's only Tuesday, how did that happen?) I keep telling myself that I'm just a little overwhelmed with moving plans and the ever nearing birth of #5. I can't continue to be the monster mom that's constantly stressed out though. Can I borrow that book when you're done? Good luck with the ant battle.
Post a Comment