Ok, so I'm blog-lifting this from Janessa, because I thought it was a cute idea and way to record the cute things our kids say and do around our home. These are some of the funny things we've heard around our house over the last month. Most are from Brighton, because 2-year-0lds are so funny as they explore and discover their world.
"What's harmadanger?" Irelynd--after a family prayer one night. When we understood what she was asking, we explained it was harm and danger, and explained what that meant.
"I'm a rock star" Brighton, after donning his sister's sunglasses and hat.
"You're the best dad in the university" Irelynd, reading a love note to Scott during a FHE.
"happy birthday to all!" Brighton, anytime he sees lit candles.
"the moon ran 'way. Have to go get it." Brighton, after observing a full moon one night, then noticing it "missing" behind a building.
"the moon burnt out" Brighton, who has an obsession with the moon lately, noticed a new moon.
"the moon is still in China" Brighton again. When he goes to bed at night, he has to look out his window and find the moon, and then he'll go to sleep. In the morning, he wants to know where the moon is. Any explanation we gave him wouldn't satisfy, so Scott told him it went to China, which, strangely, did the trick. Now any time he won't accept a true answer, we tell him it went to China, and he accepts it. And many mornings he gets up and informs everyone that the moon is still in China.
"this vacuum is amazing!" Brighton--Grandma Henry gave him a little Hoover vacuum for Christmas since he has such a fascination for them (along with shovels--the kid's going to be a janitor when he grows up!), and he likes to push it as fast as he can from one end of the house to the other, making all kinds of racket. One day he came zooming into the kitchen and stops and says this.
"I have good dreams" Brighton, trying to get out of a nap. Every day when he gets up I ask him if he had good dreams. He, apparently, saw this statement as an exit stategy. He, unfortuneately, has a smart mom:)
"I'm fusstrated" Brighton. We had been working on identifying and naming his emotions that week, and he used it when he got high-centered over the baby gate on his door.
"I can't find my muscles. Maybe they're in the closet." Brighton, when Scott asked him where his muscles were.
"That's Jesus! He's my friend" Brighton, during an Easter movie about Christ today. You have to wonder if these little ones remember Him from before.
"We played a game today with Ethan and Lindsey (2 neighbor friends). Ethan was Edward and Lindsey was Bella from Twilight. I was their dog, Bolt." Savannah. (I swear Twilight is not our bedtime story! But Savannah has watched Bolt one too many times. Sure got our money out of that rental!)
And, my personal favorite, from Savannah:
"Wait, how can you have a baby when you're not married? I thought that was impossible. Dad?"
Dad: "ask your mom"
S: "Why, do you not know?"
Silence....
Mom: "I'll get back to you later on that."
More to come on that one. Hopefully the question will not be remembered and we can pretend a little longer that we all just sprout automatically from a woman's belly. Yikes!
1 comment:
How cute! The kid quote posts are some of my favorite posts to look back on. They are just priceless. Thanks for sharing them with all of us. I love Brighton's obsession with the moon. Parker went through a phase where he was totally fascinated with it too. "You're the best dad in the university" is so precious. Kind of ironic since Scott's not a big fan of the whole college thing:) Oh, Savannah's sweet innocence. Don't you just wish you could keep them like that forever...well atleast until their wedding. It would probably be good if they understood a few things at that point. I love that your girls play Twilight with their friends. Hey, why not throw Bolt in there too? Such cute kids!
Post a Comment