
My neice Megan turned eighteen this month and we threw her a Barbie party, Vegas style. After Irelynd's Barbie birthday party last year, Megan jokingly asked me to throw her a Barbie party for her next birthday. I said ok, and we have joked about it ever since. My other neice, Brooke, Megan's little sister, told my sister Michelle about the party, and she flew in for it from California, and talked my other sister into driving over from Cheyenne, and another neice up from St. George. If not for the snow, we would've been joined by a brother from CO. We had a blast! We all came as Barbie or Ken, and had a Poker-themed party, then went into the dining room for a Barbie pink-themed dinner of lasagna, salad, and garlic bread. What a fun night! It was so great to see my sisters again after almost a year, and be silly. My sister Patti discovered a new favorite store in Zurchers. She was like a kid in Disneyland. I know the feeling. Anyone that thinks I'm a freak when it comes to parties should meet her. I'm not worthy to hold the hem of her gown. It's almost worth moving to Cheyenne to party with her...almost. Scott was a great sport and played Candy, the Southern, bearded bar maid. Love ya, Hon, but you make one UGLY woman!

Beach Bum Ken and Punk Rock Barbie

Malibu Barbie and Ken.
Savannah, as Hannah Montana Barbie, Brooke as Retro Barbie, Megan as 80's workout Barbie, and Spencer as Karate Ken.

Savannah is such a ham. She kept posing as the cameras snapped.
The Cake, made by Moi.
My sisters Patti and Michelle went all out, and had fun putting together the party.
Candy. Ooh la la! Dontcha just want to stroke that red beard of hers?? If I'm not mistaken, I think she's making eyes at me!
My sisters (minus one)--Patti, Michelle, Julie, me.
So, as the cake was about to be cut, my brother-in-law Kevin (Megan's dad) wanted to know "who gets to lick off Barbie?" Here's Megan's and Julie's reaction to his next statement of "I'll pay $100 for it!"

Here he is, about to do the clean-off, but chickens out under the scrutiny
Although there was no alcohol involved, we all got a HUGE kick out of this party prop. Everyone took a turn, even Brighton. Here he is, trying to follow my instructions of "put your head in the hole." Looks a bit like giving birth, doesn't it?
Man, I wish those eyelashes were real! I'd pay $100 for that! Forget licking off the decapitated plastic doll!
3 comments:
Cute as always, you party animal!
What a blast! That is such a fun idea. I wouldn't expect anything less with you as the planner. Sounds like the talent runs in the family. I LOVE Savannah's pictures. What a cutie! Is Candy willing to hire out for other parties?
That is too fun! I'm so jealous I wasn't there!!
Post a Comment