It surprises me sometimes when my kids talk about their favorite family traditions. Things I didn't know they liked, they'll tell me is their favorite thing, and others they hardly remember. April Fool's Day was listed as a favorite among many of my kids. Sometimes I wonder why I do the work behind several of the holidays we celebrate, and then they tell me how much they love it, and I am reminded why it's worth it to me. I really want them to have a lot of fun memories of their childhood, and a strong family bond, and relationships, with one another. If I have accomplished that when all's said and done, I'll feel like I've been a success as a mother. (Among a few other essential things, like no jail time:)
We did our silly dinner again. They liked taking turns to choose the part of the meal that comes next, and using silly things to eat with. I made jello with worms this year, which was NOT a favorite (gummy worms get too hard to chew in jello), but Boston got his first taste of gummy worms this year, and loved them. He enjoyed biting down and stretching them out, and ate 2 of them.
This year I added in something different, and put numbers 1-5 a bowl. I numbered the place settings 1-5 (I excluded Scott and I due to the cramped dining room), and everyone drew out their new seating assignment for the night. Everyone enjoyed mixing it up a little, and we had a fun time.








1 comment:
You are such a fun mom!
Post a Comment