Sunday, July 7, 2013

Love Day 2013

 This was our Love Day feast this year.  With a new baby, several of our yearly holiday traditions have gone a little askew, but we still tried to do them, even as a simplified version.  This year we had salad, Costco cheese ravioli in a pink alfredo sauce, and French bread.  We made these yummy chocolate dipped strawberries as plate favors.


 Boston's wide-eyed expression had us all laughing.  I think the flames from the candles had him mesmerized.


 Scott brought me home these gorgeous fire-and-ice roses.  Early in our marriage I told him I hated red roses; I think they are too cliche, and he's never forgotten it.  My favorite are these kind and pink ones.
 Plus he brought home bouquets for each of the girls, and big M&M's for both boys.  So thoughtful!:)
Our mailboxes got broken last year, so we made our own using the Costco milk boxes.  Not as cute, but we get extra credit for being green this year!  Brighton was infatuated with Cupid this year.  He wanted to know all about him; where he lived, what he looked like, if he really wears a diaper (just kidding, I just made that one up.)  He wrote a note to him asking if he was real, and where he gets all his Valentine's treats that he brings.  Unfortunately I forgot to mail it to Loveland, which is where Cupid lives.  He brought some yummy candies and some necklaces for the girls this year.

No comments: