Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I'm 6!!

 Brighton's birthday this year was kind of a bust.  Because I was due with Boston in the next 10 days, I was not up to doing a large at-home birthday.  Brighton opted to go to Lowe's Airsports for his big day.  We invited 5 friends to go with us, but only one showed up to the pre-party.  Another one met us there, and one came late, right before we left.  My heart was aching for my little boy who was so excited for this day, and only had one friend show up (who didn't go with us to Lowe's).  He perked up when the other friend got there, as he considers him his best friend, and he had a great time at Lowe's.
 You can see his lack of enthusiasm in these 2 photos.  I wanted so badly to make it perfect for him.

 Brighton and his friend Marcus from down the street.  There are so few boys Brighton's age in our ward, this is the main boy he plays with.  A funny story I have to include about Marcus.  When it came time to open gifts, I told Marcus to give Brighton his gift, so he hands it to him.  Like a normal child would.  Brighton says "you forgot to bump me on the head Marcus!" and gives the gift back.  Marcus puzzles over it a minute, then takes his fist and pounds Brighton on the head with it and says "happy birthday" and then gives him the gift again.  Savannah and I busted a gut laughing.  Marcus just took it all in stride and, although he didn't know what Brighton meant (must not have a crazy Utah family that does the head bumping thing), did his best to comply.

 Since we had space free, I took the twins and Savannah with us.
 It was their first time and they had a great time!



 We had Brighton's birthday dinner at home the next day, on his actual birthday.  He chose mashed potatoes and gravy, and I don't remember what else.  But brownies for dessert.

 This pirate set was from Irelynd.  Brighton is a very grateful kid, and shows his appreciation very openly.  And forcefully.  He's known to tackle the gift-giver to the ground with a big bear hug.
Happy birthday Brighton!  We are so grateful you are in our family, and you have survived the past 6 years to celebrate this moment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So how are you managing with 6 kids in the house all the time? Have you found a Happy Place for Jill you can get away now and then? One thing for sure, you will always be surrounded by chaos, love, excitement, noise, happy kids, their friends, food, and joy. Enjoy it while they are home. It only gets better.
(this is your sister, it won't let me leave my normal name of m_hop)