Saturday, September 29, 2012

Summer!

 I usually try to plan ahead for summer time, and our bucket list, but an unexpected pregnancy completely threw me off my game this year.  Luckily, I was able to scrounge some ideas together just in time for the last day of school and put together a Summer Fun Basket for the girls to come home to, thanks to Pinterest plus mymixofsix blog.
 The little ones were dying to go through it, but I made them wait til their sisters came home.  Inside we had maps of the trips were were taking this year to Idaho and Yellowstone, Coke and Mentos (we don't drink caffeine in our house, mostly because neither of us like it, so when I brought it home from the store, my kids gasped and asked what in the world I was doing with Coke!  You'd think I had brought home Budweiser, it had the same effect!  Funny), recipes and ingredients for homemade ice cream, makings for s'mores, treats for our outdoor movie nights, reminders of Art Days in Springville, and other summer festivals we would attend, water balloon catchers, glow sticks, and other fun things to do.  And, I'm happy to report, we made our way through all but 2 of the items.  Still waiting to make chocolate ice cream and rock candy sticks.

1 comment:

Janessa said...

This is where I failed with our summer. I had NO at home stuff planned. As long as we were on vacation, we had a great time. But that at home down time was kind of miserable. You did such a great job to "pull together" some fun...even in your preggo state! Way to go super mom!