Saturday, September 29, 2012

First (hopefully) Annual Henry Cousins Camp

 In a goal to give Savannah something to structure her days around, pass off a YW Personal Progress Value Project, and entertain my little ones for a few hours every day, I helped Savannah organize a Henry Cousins Camp.  We decided on themes every day for a week, Monday through Friday, and she and older cousins, Chloe and Baker, gathered up their siblings and entertained them for 2 hours each day.  We rotated between the 3 houses, and, for the most part, it worked well.  It was supposed to be a test run for a summer camp for paying customers, but we were never able to find a week that worked to run it, so we'll save it for next summer.  I hope it taught her organization, planning, and leadership skills.
 Monday, the first day, was Jungle Safari Day.  They played elephant tag,
 did an elephant walk,
 and had frozen, chocolate-covered bananas for snack.
 Tuesday was American Day.  It was held at Chloe's house, so I didn't get any photos, other than of these tri-colored cookies Savannah made for snack time.  They had multiple activities planned, but spent all their time on decorating their bikes and scooters for their parade around the block.  This day was not great, but I think she learned to plan better.
 Day 3, Wednesday, was Circus Day.  They played several circus-type games, and we did a photo shoot with the kids.  Irelynd
 Brighton
 Cami
 Piper
 Wrigley
 Cadi
 Waverly
 Maddie
 Baker, looking so debonnair
 Chloe
 Savannah
 The 3 Ringmasters
 Donut on a string game.  I loved seeing all the tongues come out to corral the donut.

 These 3 little ones cracked me up in their attempts to eat it.
 "I give up!"
 Ok, maybe some help was neccessary.
 Baker brought over this extremely cool cotton candy maker.  It made a full spool (is that the correct term?) of cotton candy from 3 hard candies.  I was dying to try it with Starlight mints but we had none, darn it!
This was the back up, in case it didn't work.
Day 4, Thursday, was again at Chloe's and was a water day, so no photos.
Day 5, Friday, was at Baker's and was Under the Sea theme, which they did some fun games, but again, no photos.  All in all, I think everyone enjoyed it and she'll be ready to do it again next summer!  If nothing else, I very much enjoyed my quiet time at home those 3 days, and it passed off a value project.  Whew!

1 comment:

Janessa said...

What a fun idea! And so many kids were entertained all at once! I'll have to see if I can rig something like this next year for my big kids. I only wish they had cousins around to do it with. Lucky! We'll just have to settle for friends I guess.