Sunday, September 30, 2012

Breakfast in bed for 2

 On the twins' birthday, Brighton made sure to get up early so he could serve them breakfast in bed.  It consisted of cold cereal (their favorite anyway) and Cheetoes.  Yes, Cheetoes.  They both said that's what they wanted (as they had just received a HUGE bag from Aunt Julie), and when I hesitated, Brighton reminded me that it was their birthday, and they should get what they wanted for this special day.  How do you argue with that?  The twins had come out of their rooms, and he made Keaton go get back in bed (they share a bunk bed), and Waverly was told to go to Brighton's bunk to get her breakfast.  They both waited patiently there for their meals.  As you can see, he even made sure to put it on a cookie sheet with an absorbent towell below it in case of drips.  This boy has potential yet.

 He does like to pound on his younger siblings, but he's really a loving older brother (when he wants to be).  He also told me that he had planned on bringing me breakfast in bed, too, but he "wasted all his time on getting the twins breakfast", so he'd do it tomorrow.  I asked him why me, and he said, "mom, you're the one that made the twins.  Without you they wouldn't be here, so it's your special day too."  Just when I'm ready to ship this little dude off to China, he does something so incredibly sweet and thoughtful like this.  He'll make a great husband one day, I'm sure.  And, to end the story, he was true to his word.  I got cereal the next morning in bed.

No comments: