Tuesday, July 5, 2011

We now have a Jr Higher!

I cannot believe another school year has come and gone.  This May marked the end of Savannah's grade school experience.  On to JR High she will go next fall.  Yikes!  I just graduated jr high.  Irelynd will be in 4th grade.  When your kids skip grades, you lose them all that much sooner. 

Irelynd's class had an end-of-year program.  Unfortunately, I had to work that afternoon and missed it.  It's the first I've ever missed, and it makes me sad to look at these photos and realize I didn't get to hear it.
I didn't even know she had a speaking role! 

Savannah's elementary had a graduation ceremony for all the sixth graders.  It was bittersweet to see my "little girl" grow up and prepare to go on to a whole new experience.  She had allergies this day, and that is why her eyes are so red and puffy.  Poor girl was miserable. 
She was one of the first out on stage to get her "diploma" so I only got these blurry photos.


Scott was at work this time, and missed her graduation.  But Grandma was there, and for that I was grateful, as my monkies did not sit still.

One of her good friends this year.  She will be moving before the start of school, unfortunately:(

Savannah's three best friends this year.  They are all such nice girls; I'm so grateful she had such good friends this past year.  Hopefully she'll have great friends in Jr High, too.

Savannah invited 2 friends over for a late night with dinner and a movie to celebrate graduation.  With working, I didn't have time to do anything fancy, so we had pizza bubble bread.  I made it in to the number of grade they're going into next year.  Brighton will start preschool...

Savannah seventh...

and Irelynd fourth.

Gearing up for the movie.  I'm so sad Savannah won't be at the same school with either of her two BFF's next fall, as we moved out of the boundaries.  Hopefully she'll find other nice girls to hang with.

1 comment:

Janessa said...

Yay! You're still alive! So good to hear from you:) What an exciting and scary thing to have one going to Jr. High! I'm glad we'll be going through that together this fall. Here we have middle school and it starts at 6th grade. I really wish Taylor could have one more year in elementary school especially because he loved the one he was at so much. Oh well. I'm sure middle school will have lots of great experiences too. Hopefully they outweigh the bad ones. Can't wait for more blog updates:)