We spent Father's Day this year in Idaho Falls. I had each of the kids (the ones that could answer questions. Keaton just hung his tongue out of his mouth. No, he's not retarded; hopefully it's just a phase) answer questions about Scott, such as what is Dad's favorite thing to eat, etc. It was funny to hear what they had to say about their dad. We also gave him a candy bar, with a wrapper we printed from The Idea Room, I believe. And I made a free book from Lifepics (well, the book was free, but the shipping was still $10. Sneaky marketing!). He was able to enjoy breakfast in bed also; Savannah snuck down to the free breakfast there and made him a plate of food; we left him in the hotel room to enjoy it in quiet while I took everybody else down for breakfast.
Here's just a sneak peak inside. I love how it turned out. I am so grateful for Scott and all he does for us. We are blessed to have him; how many dads would don a woman's skirt, boots, blouse, and wild red wig to play the part of the evil queen at a birthday party??? Or a black and white waitress costume? Now that's love! Thank you Scott for being such a great dad!
3 comments:
First of all, I was so excited when I opened up my email this morning and saw all your comments. Thank you so much! Made my day!
Love the book! What a great father's day gift. Good luck topping that one next year:) I've not hear of Lifepics before. I'll have to check it out.
Cute, cute! I completely dropped the ball on father's day this year.
This photo of Irelynd kissing her dad sums all the feelings we each have for our own dad. Priceless picture. It doesn't have a staged look either, just a real, genuine moment of "I love you, dad".
This photo deserves to be published by some magazine, (maybe Parade, that comes in the Sunday paper?); it brings up a strong familial emotion that most people can relate to.
Are you familiar with the famous LIFE magazine photo that some photographer from WWII just happened to catch of a navy man kissing his lady at the dock? It has become a classic. Simple but deeply moving. That photo says millions of words in a simple, but powerful kiss.
What a treasure to give your husband. I would bet this book brightens his day each time he looks at it.
N-i-c-e gift.
Post a Comment