Sunday, April 10, 2011

The danger of underestimation

What do you get when you take this:
plus a pair of these?

Well, a lot of things.  But today I got this:
That is the severed cord of my sewing machine.  While it was plugged into the wall.  Here is the resulting damage to the scissors:  It's hard to see it, but that is a hole in the blades, and a chip out of the other side.
Here's the reverse side. 
Amazingly, miraculously, Keaton survived the incident.  After I stopped pounding my head against the wall, I realized how lucky we were that he wasn't seriously hurt.  With the hole carved out of my pair of Gingher scissors, it could have done some serious damage to him.  Luckily for Keaton, and my Easter skirts I was in the process of completing, Scott tells me he can repair it.  Will I ever learn not to underestimate the amount of damage my little angels can do, given an unsupervised 10 minutes of time???

5 comments:

Janessa said...

That is so scary! I can't belive he cut all the way through the cord like that! I'm glad he survived and that the damage is fixable. Can't wait to see the Easter skirts:)

Teresa said...

Your cuties keep their guardian angels busy!

M_Hop said...

Jim used to threaten to cut my sewing cords when I would stay up all night and sew. Seeing what happened to your scissors, I am so not laughing. I had no idea so much damage would be done to metal scissors. I wonder if Keaton was more scared of your head-banging than the jolt he probably got from the cutting?

M_Hop said...

And you are up so late posting this? Poor girl, it probably took a long time for your heart to calm down after contemplating what could have been.

Sal-my-gal said...

The little devil!

Come to my house one night, or morning, and I'll help you finish your skirts!